I am required to implement RMAN 10g, requirements are :
- backup all databases to disk using DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST
- RETENTION POLICY TO REDUNDANCY 2
- Level 0 say happens on Monday followed by incremental 1 on other days, backup runs during night time
- using BACKUP RECOVERY AREA to push all backup from disk to tape every day during day
- Tape pool is of 20 days
1. Will i be able to restore database backup say any time in last 20 days from tape?
2. I am confused with REDUNDANCY policy as said above or do i have to choose Retenion recovery window 20 days?
3. How do i tell RMAN to restore particular backup say taken 10 days back to restore?
1. Yes, if your retention policy is properly set in RMAN.
2. CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY TO RECOVERY WINDOW OF 20 DAYS; => 20 days backups will be kept
CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY TO REDUNDANCY 20; => Last 20 backups will be kept
3. RESOTRE FROM TAG or RESOTRE FROM => To user to select the backup set
Technical Lead (Databases)
Thomson Reuters (Markets)