TEKsystems is in search of an Oracle DBA Manager for a long term contract to hire position in the Princeton, New Jersey area. Per the client's request, all candidates must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
The candidate filling this Manager, Midrange Data Base Administration position oversees, supervises, and develops a team of Oracle and SQL Server database administrators to ensure the midrange database systems team meets corporate business goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate:
- Manages and directs the daily operations of the company?s Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Assigns projects, tasks, and duties to team members; oversees completion and monitors performance.
- Provides time and cost estimates for required work.
- Reports to Director, Data Management Systems on progress and status of assigned projects.
- Develops and enforces standards and procedures for Oracle database administration.
- Ensures database security standards are current, audited and followed by staff.
- Manages supporting vendor relationships.
- Evolves the database hardware and software infrastructure to obtain the best value, reliability, capacity and performance for the business.
- Establishes production goals for database performance. Ensures production goals are met.
- Approves time off and schedule changes for team members.
- Administers performance reviews according to established company procedures.
- Assists in interviewing, hiring, and training of new team members.
- Supports 24 hour on call Oracle DBA and SQL Server DBA when required.
- Conducts and directs midrange database design peer reviews to ensure that designs are flexible to change and will perform under the expected business goals.
- Identifies goals for quality and productivity improvement and executes plans to achieve these goals.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Candidate needs to posses a diverse and extensive technical DBMS background, with considerable experience in physical database design, DBMS tools, client/server applications, capacity planning and data warehousing.
- Ability to lead and motivate team of IS professionals.
- Proactive approach to problem resolution.
- Detail oriented and a team player.
- Ability to interact effectively with all departments and employee levels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Writing samples may be requested for in-person interviews. Resumes will be used/judged as preliminary written communication example.
- At least 7 years of applicable Oracle DBMS experience required.
- At least 5 years of IS supervisory experience required.
The candidate should have a Bachelor's degree, with coursework in the information processing or business-related curricula, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary