DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle 10g client install

Oracle 10g client install

Hi,

I am have just installed Oracle 10.2.0 binaries on one of our boxes. During the install i did not see the option to install the client version. Is this shipped separatley, as i have to do a client install as well? I ask this because i recall with 9i it was all bundled into one, and it gave me the choice of installing the client. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Chucks

the client is only available as a separate for windows. For other os'es - did you choose the advanced installlation option - or the default

Run the Universal Installer and take the Installed Products option to see what's installed.
    "The power of instruction is seldom of much efficacy except in those happy dispositions where it is almost superfluous" - Gibbon, quoted by R.P.Feynman

Hi there,

I chose the default installation. Is the option available in the advanced features?

Thanks,
    Nik

I think it's a seperate disk...
    Jeff Hunter

Hi there,

I chose the default installation. Is the option available in the advanced features? If so, where? because i am only getting the options for installing enterprise,standard or custom edition?

Thanks,
    Nik

Quote Originally Posted by Chucks_k
    Hi there,

I chose the default installation. Is the option available in the advanced features? If so, where? because i am only getting the options for installing enterprise,standard or custom edition?

Thanks,
    Nik
    I did the client install for 10.2 on solaris.On the DVDrom media there is a directory called client and you can install client from this directory. You have to install client separately in 10g as the database software is in the database directory.