DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Impact of increasing PROCESSES

Impact of increasing PROCESSES

Impact of Increasing PROCESSES parameter

Hi All,
    Based on the research I find that other than slight increase in the SGA size, increasing the number of PROCESSES shouldn't need any additional changes in the memory settings such as SGA (Shared pool needs to be increase slightly?) or PGA.

Can you please comment on the effects of increasing the PROCESSES from 800 to 1500 or 2000. SGA right now is 2GB (1GB BC,400M Shared pool + rest in all pools)

I need to know if we need to increase the PGA aggregate target to allow for the additional processes/connections that might come in.
    There is always a better way to do the things.

Any comment on other memory areas that needs to be increased due to increasing the PROCESSES parameter from 800 to say 1500 or 2000.

whats the size of PGA? and is workarea_size_policy auto?
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

NAME TYPE VALUE
    ------------------------------------ ----------- ------------------
    pga_aggregate_target big integer 419430400
    workarea_size_policy string AUTO

if you see any ora errors related to processes not getting enough memory, then consider increasing.. btw, why dont you use sga_target?
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"