DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: auto start database...

auto start database...

Hi:

I am facing a strange problem when i create the database MANUALLY. This problem is not appearing if i create the database using DBCA. The problem is ...

Database is not starting automatically

* The value in the windows registery ORA_SID_AUTOSTART is set to TRUE

* Windows service OracleServiceSID is set to Automatic start

* Startup / Shutdown options in 'Administration Assistent for Windows' is set to Automatic

* While using oradim i stated -STARTMODE auto

What else i have to look to make my database start automatically?

Thank you,

-VNKT

Can it be started manually to open state? Did you check the alert log?
    go to the oracle clinic
    Quick and easy Oracle database support and consulting

It can be start to open stage manually. No errors were published in the alert log.

Thanks,

Did you also set up the listener and the listener service to start automatically? You will still be able to connect to the database without the listener but only directly from the server.
    go to the oracle clinic

Infact, I am working on the same system in which DB server is running (my test system)

What error do you get when trying to connect to the db?
    go to the oracle clinic

I am not getting any error. DB instance is not starting when i restart my system. I have to connect / as sysdba then issue the command startup. Then it is comming up.

anything in the windows event viewer?

No critical errors find in Windows event viewer (application log) but have some Information alerts. Any way I am clearing all the old messages and restarting my system now.

I will drop you another message once my system get restarted ...

Hi Davey:

Here is the information ...

When i restarted the system nothing was there in the windows event log related to my Oracle.

I connected the DB using sys/password as sysdba and it was connected to idle instance. At this time i find one information alert in my windows event viewer.

Code:
    The description for Event ID ( 34 ) in Source ( Oracle.mydb ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: ACTION : 'CONNECT' DATABASE USER: '/' PRIVILEGE : SYSDBA CLIENT USER: ORCL\Administrator CLIENT TERMINAL: DBA STATUS: 0 .
    I issued the STARTUP command from SQL * PLUS to open the DB. Instance started / SGS allocated / DB mounted and opened.

At this point i find another 15 information alerts in windows event log. 3 of them are EventID: 34 (same as above message) and the others are EventID: 5 ...

Code:
    The description for Event ID ( 5 ) in Source ( Oracle.mydb ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: SMON, mydb.
    -- one each for every background process.

Thats all for now ....

Thank you,