DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Installing the Enterprise Manager 10g (Browser-based) Console

Installing the Enterprise Manager 10g (Browser-based) Console

i've installed the oracle 10g client and am successfully running the OEM 10g java interface. however, when i try to start the web browser-based interface, i get a "page cannot be displayed" error. the URL shown is /em

Are any special procedures required for installing the Enterprise Manager 10g (Browser-based) Console???

what url are you using? it needs to be the server name where the database is

when you install a 10g database it gives you an option to install a dbconsole alone with it (on the server) . It ususally installes it on port 1158 or 5560 or something like that.(look it up in the ports file that gets created after the install) Even if it is installed on the database server, you need to make sure it's running or start it on the server (dbconsole start), then you should be able to use it.

so dbconsole is like OMS in 9i?

i'm using th 10g client for the first time. the server i'm accessing is a 9i box. it does not appear to have OMS installed.

what url are you using to connect to it.

dbconsole is not the same as OMS and dont need OMS installed at the server, it is a tool for looling at a single database

i'm clicking on the "Enterprise Manager 10g Console" link from OEM to start this tool. it tried to open up the tool via the following URL

http://machinename:/em

it seems to be looking for a port no. i have no web server running on my desktop.

you need to put the server name of the *database server* not your pc.

the port will be listed in portlist.ini on the database server as well