DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: help please oracle name server

help please oracle name server

HY my name is Dan and i have a few questions.I did not know where to go to get the answers and then i found your site.Plese help me if you can,i am in my final year at the faculty of mathematics and computer science and i am doing my graduation paper in oracle distributed database systems.For this i need to configure an oracle name server on a local network.My machine runs on windows XP pro and i have instaled Oracle 9i and developer suit, I don't have a domain and i don't know how to configure the oracle name server due to this.Sorry for my bad english it is not my native language.I tryed to configure the server but i got the errors TNS-12560 TNS protocol adapter error and TNS-00530 Protocol adapter error 32-bit windows error:2:no such file or directory.I've searched google for this errors but i couldn't resolve my problem.After that i have instaled on a another partition windows 2003 sever to get a domain, but then i got some other errors when i tryed to start the server about process would block and some unknown windows error 997. PLEASE HELP ME.My e-mail is horohaidan@yahoo.com.Thank you.

Cool

Try this manual
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

10x for your reply LKBrwn_DBA but that didn't solve my problem