DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ORA-01207 file is more recent than controlfile - old controlfile

ORA-01207 file is more recent than controlfile - old controlfile

I have a problem with my Oracle database 9i on Win2k Server. While I am not a DBA, I had to do an install in order to work on my oracle application. I basically had created a database OCTRN a month back. I also have a repository of the database but not sure why.

When I tried to automatically start , mount and open the database in EM stand alone, I get an error saying:
    ORA-01122: database file 11 failed verification check
    ORA-01110: datafile 'F:\opapps45\OCTRN\OCL_APP.DBF'
    ORA-01207: file is more recent than controlfile - old controlfile

How can I sort this problem and start my database?.
    Right now, it only starts and mounts but does not open. I don't have a backup but I have some ARCHIVE logfiles in the home\rdbms directory. The last ARCHIVE LOG FILE is 2nd MARCH 2006 7:15 AM. and the previous one is 1st MARCH.

I'd appreciate if someone could tell me the best way I can recover this or resolve this issue. I don't mind if I have to drop the datafile and recreate it.

When I typed ALTER database datafile 'F:\opapps45\octrn\ocl_app.dbf' offline; ir gave me an ORA-01516: nonexistent log file, datafile or tempfile 'F:\opapps45\octrn\ocl_app.dbf'.
    Last edited by ceecil; 03-16-2006 at 06:25 PM.

did you do something with some of the control files before starting the DB? or maybe with the control_files parameter in the init.ora file?
    go to the oracle clinic
    Quick and easy Oracle database support and consulting

Seems you've played with files. You'll need to recreate the controlfiles.
    1) backup controlfile to trace, 2) recreate the controlfiles usring the new trace file created in user_dump_dest 3) open the database with RESETLOGS option.

./shruti