DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can someone help me on Cursor For Loops?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by gandolf989
    What kind of field is stk_flag? I would guess that it is a number field. In which case you can't set it to '*'.

yes stk_flag is a column with number declaration. So do i rid myself of the quotes??? or do i use the := operator?

Quote Originally Posted by Jplaya2023
    yes stk_flag is a column with number declaration. So do i rid myself of the quotes??? or do i use the := operator?
    You can not assign * to a number column with or without quotes. You can change it to a varchar2,
    or you can assign a number to it. The := operator only work when assigning values within
    pl/sql, not within a sql statement such as update.

Perhaps you should go back to the Devry Institute and get them to help you figure this out.
    You are paying them aren't you???

Quote Originally Posted by gandolf989
    You can not assign * to a number column with or without quotes. You can change it to a varchar2,
    or you can assign a number to it. The := operator only work when assigning values within
    pl/sql, not within a sql statement such as update.

Perhaps you should go back to the Devry Institute and get them to help you figure this out.
    You are paying them aren't you???
    Yeah my problem was i was declaring stk_flag as a number instead of a varchar so it wouldnt output a number. Thankyou for all your help i appreciate it.

It's an online class so its really tough to get help but i appreciate everyone who helped, thanks.