DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SQL*Loader -522 error

SQL*Loader -522 error

I tried to use sqlldr to load flat file to Oracle 10g on Linux. It come up a error message as ' SQL*Loader-522 Ifiopn failed for file(file_name.log). I checked SQL Loader error on Oracle documents. It tells me this is ' LFI failed to open the file, it either is OS error or memory problem'. Anyone know how to resolve this error. Thanks.

Cool

Check for Linux permissions and/or correct path where file_name.log is being created.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

user was granted DBA, connect and resource roles. The target file exist. The path to file is correct. file_name.log is the same as control file. If I don't specify the path for log file, it will be created in the same path as control file. Am I right? But it still doesn't work and the same error still comes up.

Hi
    linux permissions as in the directory where you are writing the log file do you have write permission in that directory. go to the directory and type

$ touch try.log

if this file is created as 0 bytes then you have write permission, then try sqlldr again

thanks
    MAX

maxdbo:

Thanks. I run sqlldr as Oracle user. When I created Oracle user on linux, I grant Oracle user DBA privileges. My oracle home is: /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1. I put sqlldr control file in another directory: /u01/app/XXXX/xxxx/xxxxx/tcl/control_file.ctl. If I don't specify the path for log file, it suppose to be generated in the same directory as contril_file.ctl during sqlldr process.

What do you mean, in your post, that I need to make sure that Oracle account on linux has the OS privileges to generate log file on /u01/app/XXXX/xxxx/xxxxx/tcl directory? If I want to chane permissions on this directory, should I modify Oracle account or directly change file or directory permissions by using chmod?
    Last edited by traveller; 03-03-2006 at 03:15 PM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by traveller
    ... If I don't specify the path for log file, it suppose to be generated in the same directory as contril_file.ctl during sqlldr process.

If path's are not specified, sqlloader will attemp to create the files (bad,dsc and log) on the current directory (from wherever it was launched).

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

Thank you all for your advice. I have solved the problem.

I am seeing the same error but on a XP machine.
    All folders are read/write able.

I searched for the log file and it does not exist.

Any suggestion ?

Never mind !! I just realized the sample control file I got from a site was inappropriate.