DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: To use Oracle do we need to boot machine everytime ?

Question

Hi,

Could anybody tell , I have oracle Database 8.1.6 running on NT 4.0. I don''t use OMS. I use DBA studio to access database.Everytime it doesn't happen but, if I log out and log in, I won't be able to connect.When I Install it was configured for auto startup. What I am not understanding is why it does not happen all the time,only few times then I need to reboot the machine.

Thanks.

---Radha

are you connecting to the database from DBA Studio locally or remotely.
    What are the errors.

DBA studio

I try to connect to locally. I choose to save credentials.So,everytime I don't need to enter username,password etc. When I don't have problem,Go to DBA Studio and click on the Database ,it opens up the components underneath that. If there is a problem,the window comes up with login name/password and I don't see the the check for save credentials.If I click connect,It does not do anything.Just hungs there.After rebooting behaves normally.

Thanks.

Wink To use Oracle do we need to boot machine everytime ?

Is there an NT Service for DBA Studio that maybe has died and you need to restart it? This would explain why it works after the system is rebooted since it would be automatically started and boot.