I have to admit this exam is very difficult because ...
Oracle has recently made a lot of changes to the test contents for this exam and thus the study materials that I used - cramsession's notes and STS practice exams - are both out of date.
I can only answer (with confidence) 40% of the exam questions, and have to guess for the rest 60% questions. Fortunately, I have got a lot of experiences in guessing answers, so finally I got a 85% score.
Thanks for all the people who answered my questions previously posted in this forum.
I passed the other day as well, and yes, it was very difficult and a lot of the content seemed completely unfamiliar . Here are the categories :
Java in the Database
Optimizer and Query
Indexes and Index-Organized Tables
Object Relational Features and LOBS
Oracle Universal Installer : Migration and Upgrade
Database Resource Manager
Availability and Recoverability Enhancements
Features of NET8
SQL*Plus, Pl/SQL, and National Language Support Enhancements
The topics I most struggled with were NET8 (some networking stuff I had no idea about ), Partitioning Improvements (indexes, I think ) and Availability and Recoverability Enhancements.
Congratulations on passing sucha difficult exam!
I'm also going for the exam in JAN 2001 as i'm waiting for
'exam cram' book.
Can you please post here break-down of each topic?( like
how many questions from each topic they asked in this exam?).
Hope to hear soon from you :)
OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i
Sun Solaris 8 Sys. Admin.