In our production database, we have script (Alter System Kill Session) that Kills INACTIVE Sessions regularly, but the KILLED Status remain there

in V$session(STATUS Column) that actually caused the maximum connection/session reached error and no one allows to enter into the database. We have

Session Limit set to 250.

I have seen the option SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME=n parameter that need to be set on SQLNET.ORA file.(Article was about Forcing a session to be terminated)

The alter system kill session statement will not make the session go away until it times out or it tries to issue another statement. However,

pmon will rollback the work done by the session. SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME enables dead connection detection, that is, after the specified time (in minutes)

the server checks if the client is still connected. If not, the server process exits.

I used SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME=3 (3 minutes ) parameter in SQLNET.ora file on test server and reload the listener for 10g that means now this file is updated.

After that I open few connections and killed one of the session, it shows me KILLED Status for one of the particular session.(V$SESSION)

Theoretically it should have removed the entry for KILLED status after 3 minutes, but it still shows me KILLED Status.

Please advise the way to test this concept, or if I am doing something wrong.??? Any Suggestions?