DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Disinstall and reinstall Oracle 10g, your advice.

Disinstall and reinstall Oracle 10g, your advice.

I have installed Oracle 10g on Fedora C4. However, there always are some problems caused in the installation. So I want to reinstall Oracle 10g. The problem is how to disinstall current 10g. One way is to delete all Oracle related folders and another way is to use Oracle OUI to start installation. During that process, disinstall previously installed 10g components first, then reinstall 10g. But I don't think Oracle OUI will work well on disinstallation. Please advise me which method do you think the better. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by traveller
    I have installed Oracle 10g on Fedora C4. However, there always are some problems caused in the installation. So I want to reinstall Oracle 10g. The problem is how to disinstall current 10g. One way is to delete all Oracle related folders and another way is to use Oracle OUI to start installation. During that process, disinstall previously installed 10g components first, then reinstall 10g. But I don't think Oracle OUI will work well on disinstallation. Please advise me which method do you think the better. Thanks.
    Manual Vs Auto (OUI). Its your convenience!
    "What is past is PROLOGUE"

dbasan:

Thanks. But could you give me some specific steps either on manual or auto (OUI)?

Quote Originally Posted by traveller
    dbasan:

Thanks. But could you give me some specific steps either on manual or auto (OUI)?
    all the specific steps are in your thread, read them again and again. you will know!

Now you have to tell me why:

But I don't think Oracle OUI will work well on disinstallation.
    "What is past is PROLOGUE"

Based on my experience, Java based OUI is not very user friendly. Many people come across the different problem with this Java application. This is just my personal view.

Thanks so much. It worked very well.
    Last edited by traveller; 01-21-2006 at 02:51 AM.