How to centralize tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora
I need your help in centralizing my tnsnames.ora and sqlbet.ora files. This is what I have done on Windows 2000 OS. I am an Oracle Clinical guy and not an Oracle Expert, hence the request.
1. Installed Oracle 9i 9.2 database on Win2K server - W2kOCSVR
2. Installed Oracle Clinical 4.5 and created DB on W2KOCSVR.
3. Started up database and all is fine - tnsnames and sqlnet.ora
4. Each of these is on a separate partition including the OS.
1. Installed Oracle Appl Server 9iAs 188.8.131.52.2a on another machine OCMIDTIER. This installed Oracle iSuites home and stuff.
2. Then I installed Oracle 9i developer suite - Oracle forms and reports.
3. Installed Jinitiator 184.108.40.206 on the middle tier machine.
4. Basically this is the middle tier that is a Webserver that will be linked to the Database Server in Part-I
and lastly, I will have web clients with Jinitiator and a web browser.
I need to centralize the TNSNAMES.ora file and the SQLNET.ora file on all the machines. How do I do this?.
I have the TNSNAMES.ora and the SQLNET.ora on DB server and it is working fine. However, I have noticed many tsnnames.ora files on the middle tier - OCMIDTIER. (I've left out the example files)
All I need to know is which if these files do I need to integrate with the Tnsnames.ora file on the DB server - W2kOCSVR and how do I go about doing this?.
If the TNSNAMEs.ora files need to be displayed, I can do so. I presume Oracle Application Server experts must be familiar with what I am working with and how to do this. I appreciate your help in this venture. Thank you in advance.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width