I need to load a jar file into Oracle. I have been trying various things with the loadjava program, without much success.

Specifically, I want to load the Informix JDBC driver (ifxjdbc.jar) into Oracle, so I can use it within a Java stored procedure to bring info from the Informix database into Oracle (no, installing any "add on" products is not really an option).

I have tried something like:

loadjava -u u/p ifxjdbc.jar

and I see it in user_objects as ifxjdbc.jar, but my program can't seem to access it. When I try, it can't find the driver (same program works fine outside of Oracle).

When I try something like:

loadjava -u u/p ifxjdbc.jar -resolve

It unpacks the jar, loads some stuff and marks it valid, marks other stuff invalid, creates a ton of trash in user_objects, and of course, my program still can't find the driver.

So, I'm at a loss here, after two days of intensive work on this about all I have accomplished is creating a little PL/SQL script to delete all the trash I'm loading, based on the contents of user_objects. If I could manage to get the Informix JDBC driver jar loaded properly and actually use it, my confidence in being able to do my underlying task is very high.

Thanks in advance!
-sw