DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Errors while importing

Errors while importing

I am importing apps data from an export dump. The databae I am importing into already has apps schemas such as AP, GL, etc. So, I created new custom schema. The import went fine for a while and then suddenly I am getting the following errors.

IMP-00019: row rejected due to ORACLE error 1
    IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1 encountered
    ORA-00001: unique constraint (AP.AP_PAYMENT_DISTRIBUTIONS_U1) violated

Obviously this table didn't exist in the new custom schema. I dont understand why this error is occuring. I did pick ignore=Y which was not needed since this was a new schema I am importing into and there were no objects in there.

Any ideas?

what import options did you use

I used fromuser, touser, ignore=Y, rows=Y.

post the import log

Quote Originally Posted by pcotten
    The import went fine for a while and then suddenly I am getting the following errors.

IMP-00019: row rejected due to ORACLE error 1
    IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1 encountered
    ORA-00001: unique constraint (AP.AP_PAYMENT_DISTRIBUTIONS_U1) violated
    Any ideas?
    you are importing the dump which has duplicate values and there is unique constraint on the object. May be you are importing in the same schema. Check the import logs and do it again.
    "What is past is PROLOGUE"

AP.AP_PAYMENT_DISTRIBUTIONS_U1
    This should tell you everything that you need to know. You are importing duplicate rows into the "AP" schema. Perhaps you should either import into a new instance and let the import create the apps users or you should import one schema at a time and create the new schema users ahead of time.

Code:
    imp system/manager file=myexp.dmp fromuser=ap touser=ap_test ignore=y rows=y buffer=102400
    imp system/manager file=myexp.dmp fromuser=gl touser=gl_test ignore=y rows=y buffer=102400
    imp system/manager file=myexp.dmp fromuser=etc touser=etc_test ignore=y rows=y buffer=102400

I am not importing the data into an existing schema (AP) which has the same table. I created a brand new schema (CUSTOM). While there are no tables in that schema (CUSTOM), I am trying to import into the new schema (CUSTOM) from the export file. Why would it complain about duplicate records is beyond me, since there are 0 rows in the schema (CUSTOM) prior to importing starting. Is Oracle not allowing me to have the record in a table if this record exists in another schema (AP)?

Quote Originally Posted by pcotten
    I used fromuser, touser, ignore=Y, rows=Y.
    Could you specify the values used for userid, fromuser, touser and post the imp log?
    "What is past is PROLOGUE"

Here is the parameter file:

userid=*****/*****
    touser=custom
    constraints=N
    ignore=Y
    rows=Y

You may wonder why I am saying ignore=Y, with an empty schema. When I chose ignore=N, I was getting errors saying CREATE table failed because object already exists (in an empty schema!!) Oracle support said there was a bug and suggested I use ignore=Y.

I am passing fromuser via a shell script.

#!/bin/ksh
    clear

PIPEFILE=/of11dev3-01/apphome/tkhis_full_pipe.dmp
    FILENAME=/of11dev3-01/apphome/tkhis20051216_14:41:02.dmp.gz
    cat $FILENAME | gunzip > $PIPEFILE &

fromuser="GL RG HR SSP HXT OTA RLA VEH QA ICX AZ AR OE OSM PA CN INV PO BOM ENG MRP CRP WIP PJM CS CE EC MLJA"
    for i in $fromuser
    do
    echo "$i\n"
    imp fromuser=$i parfile=/of11dev3-01/apphome/imp_tkhis_full.par file=$PIPEFILE log=tkhis_full_dmp.log
    done

The import log is almost a gig in size, too big to post to post it here.

Mind you, the import does successfully get some tables, but fails with the unique constraint error for others. I chose constraints=N after getting the errors, but I am still getting the constraint errors.