DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: how to get experience for DBA post

Hybrid View

how to get experience for DBA post

Hi everyone,

I m Oracle Certfied Professional.I m bit confuse that how to get experience in this field as every company require atleast 2-3 exp. for the DBA post. Please anyone guide me or share ur experience that how did ur start ur career in this field. I m also keen interested to start my career with a good base

Quote Originally Posted by mukesh.khatri
    Hi everyone,

I m Oracle Certfied Professional.I m bit confuse that how to get experience in this field as every company require atleast 2-3 exp. for the DBA post. Please anyone guide me or share ur experience that how did ur start ur career in this field. I m also keen interested to start my career with a good base
    Since you want a DBA job you should have posted this under the "Oracle Job Wanted" forum. Unless you can get hired as a junior DBA at a larger company, getting a job on a help desk where Oracle is supported should get you to a place where you will get to work with DBA's. Which will both give you Oracle experience and it will allow the person managing the DBA's to get to know you and how you work so if a DBA job opens up they will be more likely to give it to you.