DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Orac

Hybrid View

Orac

Dear All,
    I really need from your forum as i want to get a DBA job.I have an overall experience of 4 yrs and have cleared OCP certification exams.
    Pls find my experience details below:
    1 yr -production support.
    2 yr unix/windows/network admin
    1 yr as a technical support engineer in a BPO industry.

Pls let me know if the unix admin and oracle DBA exp go hand in hand.Also pls tell me how should i align my exp with ORACLE DBA(which i dont have much) so that i can get a DBA job.

Pls help me out.I m hoping to get hlp from this group of excellent DBAs.i really want to pursue my career as a DBA.

so answer me this - why should I (or anyone) employ you as a DBA when you have no experience

Sumit,

Clearly you don't have DBA experience (you said which I don't have much, meaning still enough to get started), to get into the DBA market you need to atleast have played with the databases. If you've had some experience from the support/helpdesk then you canadd that to your resume. You do have an OCP and that shows that you have determination and you're willing to enter the DBA market.

Keep trying and sure you might not get a hotshot job in the beginning but even if you can start off somewhere as Jr. DBA, that'll be a great start.

Remember
    --Continue to play with databases whereever/whenever you can
    -- Try all kinds of scenario
    -- Start talking to all available head hunters/recruitment shops.

Cheers and all the best!

Tarry
    Tarry Singh
    I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
    TarryBlogging
    --- Everything was meant to be---