We use Oracle 9.2.01, w2k servers.

I just presented to my supervisor the capability to setup 3 different instances on a server here that would pose as a logical standby databases in a dataguard scheme. The purpose is not as a failover or backup but a way for managers to almost instantaneously get data and reports on status of the other states. He was pretty excited that this could be possible and would be part of the next version of our project. I have read about the capability of a logical standby database but I have not experienced the reliability of one actually working across state lines.

What I just proposed is it capable? I believe its capable
How feasible do you think this would be? --> How much of a lag time do you think it would be in terms of log shipment and apply? Even if the database cant be updated in a 24hr period they would be happy.
Does this take a performance hit on the primary database? They will also have a on site physical standby database in maximum availability mode.
Would it be to much for one server to set up 3 instances to handle all 3 states as logical standby databases?
Has anyone setup a logical standby database across state lines that can share there experience?
We have TCP/IP connections with these states.
Thanks for you help