I need your advice on my job searching for Jr. Oracle DBA in Tri-State area (NY, NJ & CT).

Here is my background: I just recently graduate (Oracle DBA Training Courses) from a Computer Institute in NY, and have obtained successfully the Oracle9i OCA and OCP Certificate with test scores over 90% in all four Oracle9i DBA exams. Before I relocated to New York City last year, I do have about 10 years solid IT working experience (most recent experience is 5 years QA Analyst, then 2 years C programmer and 2 years as Informix DBA).

Though I'm an excellent QA analyst for the past 5 years, I've been always want to be an Oracle DBA. So when I became unemployed after relocate to NY, I put my effort to obtain Oracle DBA certificate I always wanted. I was hoping with a lot of luck I could land some entry level Oracle job. But it seems unlikely after a couple of months job searching. While there are huge numbers of Oracle listings seeking people with experience, I have yet to see single ads for an entry level Oracle position with little or no oracle experience. So I am wondering what other, lower level oracle-related job should I pursue to position myself and then move into entry level Oracle DBA? Is there any hope that if I continue to seek the entry-level Oracle DBA and hope the market demand will rise soon?

Any advice you can provide would be deeply appreciated....