DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: job seeker desperately need some advice

Hybrid View

job seeker desperately need some advice

I need your advice on my job searching for Jr. Oracle DBA in Tri-State area (NY, NJ & CT).

Here is my background: I just recently graduate (Oracle DBA Training Courses) from a Computer Institute in NY, and have obtained successfully the Oracle9i OCA and OCP Certificate with test scores over 90% in all four Oracle9i DBA exams. Before I relocated to New York City last year, I do have about 10 years solid IT working experience (most recent experience is 5 years QA Analyst, then 2 years C programmer and 2 years as Informix DBA).

Though I'm an excellent QA analyst for the past 5 years, I've been always want to be an Oracle DBA. So when I became unemployed after relocate to NY, I put my effort to obtain Oracle DBA certificate I always wanted. I was hoping with a lot of luck I could land some entry level Oracle job. But it seems unlikely after a couple of months job searching. While there are huge numbers of Oracle listings seeking people with experience, I have yet to see single ads for an entry level Oracle position with little or no oracle experience. So I am wondering what other, lower level oracle-related job should I pursue to position myself and then move into entry level Oracle DBA? Is there any hope that if I continue to seek the entry-level Oracle DBA and hope the market demand will rise soon?

Any advice you can provide would be deeply appreciated....

without experience you wont get any oracle jobs. You will need to look for an entry level programming job and work into it.

No-one will hire anyone without experience to dba work