DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ORA-04068 & ORA-04065 using dbms_output

ORA-04068 & ORA-04065 using dbms_output

I am having a problem with my upgraded 10g db. I used the pre-install script before upgrading my database and made the appropriate changes. Unfortunately it did not give me the correct min value for java_pool, therefore the upgrade, using dbua failed. I was then forced to run the upgrade script for the remainder of the install. All of the needed components were upgraded but, I was forced to uninstall javavm. Oracle support said that this should not effect the basic db functionality.

When attempting to run a pl/sql package from a ksh script; I am continually getting the following error defining the failure of the package to complete:

BEGIN ins_voice_traffic.load_voice_maint(15070,'SAUR80'); END;

ERROR at line 1:
    ORA-04068: existing state of packages has been discarded
    ORA-04065: not executed, altered or dropped stored procedure "PUBLIC.DBMS_OUTPUT"
    ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called:
    "PUBLIC.DBMS_OUTPUT"
    ORA-06512: at "DWSTAGE.INS_VOICE_TRAFFIC", line 96
    ORA-06512: at line 1

LINE 96 looks as follows:
    dbms_output.put_line(l_gateway_id||' STAGE SUCCESSFUL '||l_load_id);
    Originally I was using global parameters in this dbms_output call and figured that was the issue. I then changed the variables in the call to the declared local variables that you see above, after setting each equal to the corresponding global value.

I kicked off the script and it worked a few times without problems but eventually, I received the errors above again. I found some good documentation for this error outside of metalink but nothing has completely resolved the issue.

Could this have anything to do with the fact that JavaVM was unistalled from the database? After several nights of analysis Oracle support seems to think that installing this may be the answer. I think they may, once agian, spinning my wheels.

Any help would be appreciated.

Check the status of the invalid objects and see whetner DBMS_OUTPUT package is invalide. You can use,

select owner, object_name , object_type
    from dba_objects
    where status = 'INVALID'
    owner = 'SYS';

If they are invalid, try recompiling them. If that doesn't work, try recreating them when the database is quiet, using the scripts dbmsotpt.sql prvtotpt.plb

Hope this would help you.

Thanx,
    Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

Sam,
    Thanks for the response. I have recreated the package body. Actually re-ran catalog.sql and catproc.sql from oracles recommendation twice. Some articles that I read say the the issue is the state of the global parameters in the cache - this seems like a logical conclusion since the package body is valid and I do not receive the error when running dbms_output without variables.

Any idea how JavaVM might figure in since the re-load was Oracle Supports recommendation at this point?

I 'd say, go ahead and install the JVM and things should all be fine. Remember, to set the java_pool to the requirements. This should carry you along. Given the fact you had uninstalled the JVM, I presume that you don't have any JAVA packages in. If you were to have them, then you may have to reload them again.

Cheers,
    Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!