DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: does db gets affect when changing time in server

does db gets affect when changing time in server

Hi All,

We have a server which shows the server time 2 hr ahead of the actual time (eg. if the actual time is 9 am it shows 11am) .
    This weekend we are changing the server time to the actual time .

Suppose i shutdown the database at 11am (servertime) and change the server time to actual time which is 9am, reboot the server and start the database at 9 am ....

As per the server .. i'm shutting down the server at 11 am and restarting at 9 am which is 2 hrs behind..

My question is ...
    I just want to know whether there'll be any problem in database when restarting the database after changing the server time 2 hr behind

Or i've to wait to 2 hr after changing the server time( i.e till the server is 11:05 am) and then start the database ?

Pls help

Regards
    Sarav
    saravana kumar

If you have any batch jobs starting between 9.00am - 10.59am would run again.

check the queries if you are running any financial reports based on time column, would afftect.

Running time based replications/snapshots would afftect.

In general all time/date based queries, reports, backup jobs has the effects.

Otherwise stay Cool
    "What is past is PROLOGUE"

My question is ...
    I just want to know whether there'll be any problem in database when restarting the database after changing the server time 2 hr behind

Or i've to wait to 2 hr after changing the server time( i.e till the server is 11:05 am) and then start the database ?
    For Oracle, the clock is SCN. It does not matter what time the server has been setup.

You need to take care of the application.

Tamil

Thanx Tamil and dbasan ..
    anyway we'll take care of the jobs running between 9 to 11 am ..
    saravana kumar