DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle with TCPS (SSL)

Question Oracle with TCPS (SSL)

Hai Everybody.
    I want to know about Oracle with SSL. Actually, We have a VB application which uses NET8 (TNSNAMES.ORA) to connect to database server. Our Database Server is a Oracle9i RAC DB on HP-UX11i. I was told to configure our database server to use TCPS Protocol. I was told that they are using SSL between the application(client) and database and i Have to enable TCPS. So, I would like to know what exactly I need to do in order to enable TCPS at database side and even client side.

Is is possible to use TCPS by just adding the TCPS entries to LISTENER.ORA(database side) and TNSNAMES.ORA(client side)?

Do I need to implement Wallet Manager etc? I donot have much idea about the Wallet Manager?

There is one complete chapter for SSL in Oracle Advance Security Administrator's Guide.

Configuring Secure Sockets Layer Authentication
    Sanjay G.
    Oracle Certified Professional 8i, 9i.

"The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"

Thanks for your info Sanjay. I know that. But, I would like to know whether I need to use wallet manager etc even if I just want to use TCPS protocol at the database side (Listener.ora) and client side(Tnsnames.ora)? I know about wallet manager etc...... But, is that all required?

regards,
    Dileep Tallam.