DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oracle for Linux (Intel)

Samad,

Try to start leaning Oracle 9i on linux with latest technologies. If you are gearing up for the corporate environment then I'd suggest you to...
    • Download evaluation version of Redhat 3 or better yet 4, it's 30 days but that will give you a start anyways here

you can also go to Centos site to have a similar build but all free and with updates to have a similar setup for learning Oracle on linux. See
      here

You can also download Fedora core 4 to setup oracle there. Get it on the Redhat site.

And get yourself at least Oracle 9i or 10g (I'd personally suggest that you play with 9iR2, 10gR1 and 10gR2.

Also if you have adequate space(80G or something) and memory 1G is enough then you can install VMWare (workstation 5 ), for learning purposes it really is not that expensive given that Oracle software, Centos and even Redhat is free to download! buy it here if you want, great product take my word for it!

Hope this makes some things clear and helps you get on the right track with the latest developments (and technologies).

Cheers

Tarry
    Last edited by Tarry; 10-25-2005 at 04:18 AM.
    Tarry Singh
    I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
    TarryBlogging
    --- Everything was meant to be---

Dear Pando,

Its that way here to used language..? any bye you may practice like above behave which not doing other at all.

Thanks all once again here.

m.samad

dont understand your English at all

if you bahave properly I answer normally

I agreee with Pando even he is rough with me from time to time.

Samad,

you come in here to ask the expert for help so the least you can do is asking in the proper way. REMEMBER, people in here sahre the infor from the heart and time b/c they don't get paid doing so.

REMEMBER, THE LEAST YOU CAN DO IS AKSING THE QUESTIONS AND REQUEST IN THE PROPER WAY. IF YOU WANT PEOPLE RESPECT YOU, YOU HAVE TO RESPECT THEM FIRST OTHERWISE SPECIALLY YOU ARE THE ONE WHO NEED HELP.