DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disconnection Forced!

Disconnection Forced!

Hi all,

here's my situation. I am recreating my database. I exported dumps from an 8.1.6 database and imported it into my 9.2.0.3 oracle database. After the import was complete, I copied my datafiles and recreate control files to point to my datafiles location.

I managed to pen it up to mount stage, but when i tried to alter database open i got:

ORA-01092: Oracle instance terminated. Disconnection forced.
    and in the alert log i found:
    ORA-30012: undo tablespace 'UNDOTBS1' does not exist or of wrong type

i tried to set my undo_management to MANUAL and startup with the pfile but it doesnt seem to work. the error still persist.

pls help, thanks

Comment all the UNDO_* parameters. If you are using spfile then make sure you start the DB with changed pfile.
    You can create UNDO tablespace later and set the the automatic undo management.
    Sanjay G.
    Oracle Certified Professional 8i, 9i.

"The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"

hi,
    thanks for the reply. I tried commenting the UNDO parameters in the pfile and starting up the database with that pfile, but the error still persist. Unfortunately, now i am having an ora-600 error. Will look for clues at metalink.

thanks alot.

Can you post the error lines from alert log and trace of your controlfile?
    Sanjay G.

"The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"

you copied all your data files across? from the 8.1.7 database and tried to start it up?

Hi, here's the log from the trace file:

Errors in file d:\oracle\admin\libdb\udump\libdb_ora_3504.trc:
    ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [qctstc2o1], [3], [1], [31], [1], [4000], [0], []

Wed Oct 19 09:26:49 2005
    Errors in file d:\oracle\admin\libdb\bdump\libdb_smon_3012.trc:
    ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [qctstc2o1], [3], [1], [31], [1], [4000], [0], []

Errors in file d:\oracle\admin\libdb\udump\libdb_ora_3504.trc:
    ORA-00000: normal, successful completion

Error 0 happened during db open, shutting down database
    Instance terminated by USER, pid = 3504
    ORA-1092 signalled during: ALTER DATABASE OPEN...

hi davey,

yes, i copied all my datafiles to the new datbase location.

Sounds like you have broken your database then, you can just move files around like that.

Raise a TAR with oracle, will be able to talk them through what you did and how to fix it (i.e start again)

Why did you copy across all your 8.1.6 datafiles? What are you trying to achieve?

Direct upgrade from 8.1.6 to 9.2.0 is not supported. You need to upgrade to 8.1.7 first before you can go to 9.2.0.
    Sanjay G.

hi davey,

i was trying to bring up my oracle database in a new server. Actually, i had successfully brought up a few database servers before with the same procedure. The only difference this time is that I am importing into a higher oracle version i.e. 9.2.0.3 on a Windows 2003 Server.

And honestly, a few weeks ago I had successfully bring up a database on a test workstation with this scenario and it worked. Up and running. That is why i am trying to find a solution to my problem now, because it worked before. I am a newbie, only touched oracle for only about a year now. Thanks for your relplies