Oracle DBA/DBD positions at CarsDirect are STILL OPEN!
CarsDirect.com, the forefront Internet Automotive Sales site, seeks to hire an Oracle DBA. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly skilled, hard working individual with strong technical experience within the technology infrastructure environment. This is a position in support of a 24/7 production environment.
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
· Interface with development to design/deploy applications
· Perform system backup and exports
· Monitor and tune systems on an ongoing basis
· Handle/assist in data mining/reporting projects
· Assist with production troubleshooting 24/7
Candidates must have the following:
· Strong knowledge/experience of OLTP systems
· Knowledge/experience of data warehouse systems
· Familiarity with change management system/procedures
· Strong knowledge of backup (Rman plus) procedures
· Knowledge/experience of SUN solaris
· Deep understanding of oracle architecture (8i/9i)
· Hands on experience of managing production 9i systems
· Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities
This job requires a commitment to excellence and the ability to function in a small collegial team environment. The responsibilities for the group and the members in it are 24x7. The job requires on site work in our El Segundo Corporate Headquarters. The job pays a competitive salary.
CarsDirect.com, the forefront Internet automotive sales site, seeks to hire a Database Developer. This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled person with solid database programming skills.
* At least 5 years database development experience
* College degree preferred
* Data modeling and analysis
* Data warehouse experience
* Must have strong Oracle (9i and 10g) skills along with experience using MS SQL Server
* Experience using MS SQL Server 2000 and MySQl is a plus
* Database programming experience (ETL using PERL, Informatica, etc.)
* Some experience in SQL query optimization
* Data aggregation for report generation
Stable work history and an ability to work with others are required. The ideal candidate must be able to work with minimal direction and self-discipline, function effectively in a small collegial team environment, and have a commitment of excellence to other members of the team. The job includes a competitive compensation and benefits package and requires on-site work at our El Segundo, CA headquarters.
Please contact me directly if you are interested. No third parties at this time thank you.