Oracle Database Administrator – Technical Lead Opportunity
Please submit your word resume in confidence to recruiter@higherout.com

Two immediate openings for Oracle Database Administrators. The work is primarily focused on the implementation of Oracle 10g and Oracle Applications on the Dell / Red Hat Linux platform. The DBA will travel to customer locations to perform these implementations.

Responsibilities & Required Skills

The Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for performing the installation, tuning and migration of Oracle Databases and Oracle Applications. This includes all aspects of the Oracle Database and Application platform including backups, security, performance analysis, and capacity planning. The Oracle technologies that the DBA will work with include, but are not limited to the items listed below.

Oracle RDBMS 7, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g

Oracle Applications 10.x, 11.x, 11i

Oracle Application Server

Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC)

Oracle Data Guard

Oracle Parallel Server (OPS)

Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN)

The ideal candidate will have performed multiple implementations of the above technologies, including data migrations and upgrades in place.

The candidate should also possess skills in the use and configuration of the following programming, operating systems, storage, and network technologies.

Programming

PL/SQL, ProC, UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl, Awk/Sed, Windows Batch

Operating Systems

Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Sun Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Windows NT Server, 2000 & 2003

Storage

EMC Clariion & Symmetrix, Hitachi (HDS), Network Appliance (NetApp), IBM, and HP Storage

Brocade and McData Switches and Directors

Zoning, LUN Level Security, SAN Fabric, ISL’s

SAN Management Tools: EMC TimeFinder, Navisphere Manager, SRDF, Control Center (ECC), NetApp SnapMirror, Veritas, Tivoli, & HP

Backup and Recovery

Veritas NetBackup

Legato Networker

Tivoli TSM

High Availability Tools

RedHat Cluster Manager

Veritas Cluster Server

HP ServiceGuard & TruCluster

Sun Clustering

Networking

LAN, WAN, VPN, VLAN, SSH