DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Unable to Install Oracle 8i.1.7

Post Unable to Install Oracle 8i.1.7

I am also unable to install the Oracle 8i.1.7 or 8i.1.6 at Windows 200 Professional and Server 2000...
    The problem is that as i run the setup, system gets busy for a moment and then nothing happend (setup is not invoking)...
    I can install Oracle 8i.1.5 Easily but in 8i.1.5 i am unable to find Oracle Enterprise Manager in Start Manu or i don't know how to install it with 8i.1.5

Not sure what the problem is... Probably u cud try the following:
    Check if you have the proper service pack installed. Read installation documents before you begin. Check for any Operating system problems ?

do you have a pentium 4?

I was wondering that too. As a workaround, I had to copy the entire CD on the local machine and make the following change:

Look for the files symcjit.dll in the copy directories (Disk1 and Disk2) and rename them to symcjit.old. Then carry out the installation from the hard drive.
    If I have to choose between two evils, I always like to choose the one I haven't tried yet.

Quote Originally Posted by KenCunningham
    I was wondering that too. As a workaround, I had to copy the entire CD on the local machine and make the following change:

Look for the files symcjit.dll in the copy directories (Disk1 and Disk2) and rename them to symcjit.old. Then carry out the installation from the hard drive.
    If you do as ken says, you may still find the setup.exe doesn't work still. Instead, where you've copied it on your hard drive, go to install\win32 and run the setup.exe in there.

There is a metalink note on this.

Bazza

Bazza's right - I forgot that step.
    If I have to choose between two evils, I always like to choose the one I haven't tried yet.