DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Config Pro*C Help & Hints

Hybrid View

Hi ! I am an Oracle DBA, and was trying to create some Pro*C-based small admin apps. using the on-line manual I sucesfully installed the Pro*C 2.2 in the Borland C 5 Tools menu, but no avail from here in compile the samples. So, I want to know :

a) somebody has sucesfully used this ? Is there some step-by-step guide to do this ? Any good books The on-line manual is very good in programming examples, but scarce in install/config chores.

b) I can choose between Pro*C or OCI (right now, I have both but don´t know any of them). Any hints to do the right thing ? As I said, the main target here is to write small executables acessing Oracle, but I desire inter-os development - so I can´t use delphi, vb, etc.

OBS : some years ago I was a reasonable programmer using turbo C - so, the main problem here afaik is the new environment of the compiler - so many libs, projects and the alike, the C language itself isn´t a problem.

[]s
    Chiappa

Smile

I integrated Pro*C 2.2 into Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0.

To answer your question:
    1). If your just looking to do embedded SQL calls I might be able to send you some Sample Pro*C programs. Actually, sample Pro*C programs should exist for you on machine where you did install.

2). Now if your trying to utilize Borland functionality within Pro*C, I cant help you there.

Originally posted by markgriffin [/i]
    I integrated Pro*C 2.2 into Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0.

> To answer your question:
    1). If your just looking to do embedded SQL calls I might be able to send you some Sample Pro*C programs. Actually, sample Pro*C programs should exist for you on machine where you did install.

Thanks, but my problem resides in one step before : how to config the pro*c ambient in the C compiler; as I said, following the steps in the manual I can integrate the PRO*C in the tools menu but I can´t compile any of the many samples provided - my doubt here is how to adjust the ambient, inform the libs directories and so on, to finally compile the samples.

> 2). Now if your trying to utilize Borland functionality within Pro*C, I cant help you there.

I have only the Borland and the Gnu C, but if needed I can to obtain the MS C compiler. But in any the problem will persist : how to config the compiler in a step-by-step mood.

[]s
    Chiappa