I have a user X with default tablespce TEST. Tablespace TEST has 10 tables. When I connect through sql as user X , I can see all the tables.
When I created a user T2 with default tablespace TEST Iím not able to see any of the table. Am I missing something?
1. user T2 doesn't have permission on X's tables.
2. user T2 has to reference the tables as X.tablename.
Could you please tell me how do I do that or point me to a doc?
user T2 has to be granted privileges on X's tables before user T2 can have access to the tables
The purpose of life is a life of purpose.
1. Connect as the user(let us say X) who is the owner of tables.
Originally Posted by dba_dada
2. Give other user(let us say Y) the appropriate privileges(let us say
select) on the tables(let us say a1,a2) as.
sql> Grant select on a1,a2 to Y
3. Connect as other user(Y).
4. sql> select * from X.a1
sql> select * from X.a2
as user system
create synonym t2.table for x.table;
grant all on x.table to t2.table;
that way you dont need to use the x before the tablename during select or describe
do that for all tables and your setl
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width