DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Procedure Tuning

Procedure Tuning

Dear All,

My Procedure is doing DML statements on lots of partition table.It was executed within 4 hours but from last three days it is continuously executing and taking nearly 90% of Cpu resources. I have checked temporary tablespace,undo tablespace both are enough.All update statement are tuned.what all different areas for above should i have to look in ? Please Guide me.

One same procedure has same logic doing only select on partition table executed within 1 hour.Please Guide me.OS is Linux.

What was changed in the "LAST 3 days" in the DB?

Tamil

Client has deployed Oracle RAC's GSD tool on oracle 9i database in last three days

---
    dhaval

Hi,

+

Please let me know last three day you can feel the performance issue only on this procedure or in the whole application?

+ Just verify that whether analyse required for this tables. You can easily judge by quering num_rows from dba_tables and count(1) from tables

+ Check the all the related indexes for this tables. Is all the indexes are valid? What is the blevel of these indexes?

Seelan

Dear freinds

Thanx for your help i have checked trace file of my procedure and i found problem in my procedure.

Dhaval