DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Information about OCP

Hello EveryOne

I am programmer in Oracle 7.3, Now I have changed job to a company where I am programmer as well as Jr. DBA on Oracle 8.1.6 on win nt and 8.1.5 on Linux

I would like to know certain things about DBA Certification. What papers are there in certification exam and from what point I should start for it ?

Which papers I should prepare first ?
    Does my working on different version will be problem ?
    I would also like to know the structure of exam ? Whether subjective or objective and what online things do we have to work out ?

How much period I'll require to prepare on an avereage to prepare for these exam ?

If you can tell me the tips to work on this exam also the books and give me some tips about how to practise on machine the things and what things then I'll be very grateful to you all.

Thanks in Advance
    Amol

OCP Info

Amol
    Please visit [url]http://education.oracle.com[/url] where you can see OCP Home Page.

HTH.
    Ramlal.

OCP further information

Hello Everybody

I have gone thru the sites and also I have downloded the help from technet and also I am referring some books. Now I am working on oracle as Jr. DBA . But still I feel I should I go for the SQLPLUS and PLSQL exams as I have experience of working on them. Can you just let me know how I should prepare for it from the exam point of view. How much stress I have to give for advancements in Oracle 8i. I would like to know it for both SQL and PLSQL.

Thanks in Advance
    Amol

Thumbs up ocp infor

hai,

If u are strictly confidential in pl/sql then, please go for pl/sql

Otherwise please read thorough 'oracle architecture' take ur
    own time. I think it is enough for 10 days.
    There is a book called Oracle Architectue for oracle 8 (B.Browinsky(the author spelling may be wrong)).

sridhar garige

Hello

I have decided to go for 'Oracle 8 Architecture' and then for PL/SQL and then SQLPLUS. Can I get a sample qustion paper . Especially for Oracle 8 Architecture because the topic seems to big. I 'll be very grateful to you if you can send me email on amolsonaikar@yahoo.com

Amol