Oracle DBA in San Mateo
We are looking for a Oracle DBA for a company in San Mateo. This is a full time employment and require that youa re a US Citizen or a green card holder. If you wish to apply, please email your resume to: email@example.com.
This engineer will perform lab support work which will include system administration, installation, and maintenance to set up data bases, directories, and systems for development and QA use. Collaboration with engineers will involve troubleshooting system setup, investigating data base problems, and gathering long term requirements.
Your goal is to make development more productive so that quality, functionality, and performance are continuously and automatically measured. Your challenge will be to develop systems, frameworks, and tools to automate execution and support. Your opportunity is to grow your expertise and experience.
The successful candidate should demonstrate the following skills and background:
- Minimum 2 years work experience in system administration, release engineering, software development or QA.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- DBA expertise for installation and administration of databases (Oracle, Sybase) and directories (iPlanet, Active Directory).
- Strong Unix/Linux system administration know-how.
- Familiarity with Windows system administration.
- IT experience related to system and network administration.
- Scripting skills in shell or Perl.
Additionally, outstanding candidates will have some of the following qualifications:
- DBA certification.
- Programming know-how in Java, C, or C++.
- Skills in setup, administration and use of application servers such as Websphere or Weblogic.
- Preparation of VMware images.
- System administration on Windows.
- Talent for troubleshooting problems related to development, automation, data base administration, and system setup.
- Ability to accurately estimate schedules. Work history of on-time completion of tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Capacity to collaborate effectively with development, release, QA, and performance engineers.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width