DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Triggers on FND_USERS for Oracle HR

Hybrid View

Triggers on FND_USERS for Oracle HR

Hello all,

I was wondering if a trigger can be placed on the APPLSYS.FND_USERS table within an Oracle HR system, as I want to synchronize user information with another system, and need to connect to a staging table.

If no triggers are possible, what could I do to extract the data into a staging table when an event (add/delete/modify) takes place>

Also, can I write a view on this table? I am suspecting I can.

Thanks, Keith

Can you? Sure. Should you? Mmm, the jury is still out on that one. How often do you really add new users and does your other application really need to know immediately that a user was added? My guess is probably no. You might think of using a materialized view.
    Jeff Hunter

Thanks for the reply,

Yes, the other application needs to know about the add/delete/modify immediately since I am using Oracle HR as the authoritative source for an Identity Management project.

The users are synchronzied within 1 minute of HR events to another 6 applications, so we would need immediate notification.

So are Triggers on the FND_USERS a no-no, and does Oracle prevent Triggers being written on this table? If need be, I can use a view.

Thanks, Keith