Amazon.com - DBAs Needed
I am a software engineer at Amazon.com working in the Search Platform group. My org, and the company at large, have just classified the position of "Oracle DBA" to "Critical Need" status, meaning that we are sorely understaffed and in urgent need of new candidates.
We're really trying to reach out and find some great DBAs, so if you, or someone you know of, is currently looking for a full time Oracle DBA position that may be interested in Amazon.com, please feel free to have them forward a current resume to me (email@example.com) and I will place it directly into our candidate pipeline. Turn around should be very quick for qualified candidates as these resumes will be looked at immediately. I've pasted a brief summary of what the position entails below. Additional information can be found at www.amazon.com/jobs. Please feel free to forward this to any experienced DBAs comfortable in a Linux (or similar) environment that may be interested. Thank you.
In this position, your job will be to:
- Build, implement and maintain a set of large distributed Oracle databases on Linux
- Develop fault-tolerance, fail-over, and support strategies
- Tune for maximum performance and availability
- Respond to database outages and requests for service
- Assist with data partitioning strategies
- Develop ad-hoc SQL scripts
- Consult and train others on database usage and simple administration
Software Development Engineer
Search Platform - Amazon.com
It is unforunate that you are in Seattle, and I am in Atlanta.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width