DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Exp-00091: Exporting questionable statistic

Exp-00091: Exporting questionable statistic

Hi,

I encounter this error when performing export on oracle 9i (Enterprise Edition 9.2.0.4.0) in solaris (release 5.8).

here is the information before the export begins:

"Export done in US7ASCII character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR chatacter set. Server uses AL32UTC8 character set (possible charset conversion)"

I have checked out the web and found that it has to do with the language use in solaris and oracle.

I tried to set to solaris LANG by doing the following:

LANG=C;export LANG

but it does not help. Can someone tell me how to solve this problem. Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

With regards
    Novice

If you had looked at tahiti.oracle.com you would have seen the following information. Have you tried the export without specifying the character set?

EXP-00091 Exporting questionable statistics

Cause: Export was able to export statistics, but the statistics may not be useable. The statistics are questionable because one or more of the following happened during export: a row error occurred, client character set or NCHARSET does not match with the server, a query clause was specified on export, only certain partitions or subpartitions were exported, or a fatal error occurred while processing a table.

Action: To export non-questionable statistics, change the client character set or NCHARSET to match the server, export with no query clause, or export complete tables. If desired, import parameters can be supplied so that only non-questionable statistics will be imported, and all questionable statistics will be recalculated.

Quote Originally Posted by gandolf989
    If you had looked at tahiti.oracle.com you would have seen the following information. Have you tried the export without specifying the character set?
    Hi, thanks for the info, I have read that before but was not sure how to do it or how the change will affect my database.

If the stats are questionable..just gather them again after you import the data.....
    "High Salaries = Happiness = Project Success."

usually caused by an incorrect setting of NLS_LANG, either change it to the right value, use statistics=none on the export or redo them after the import