Oracle RDB DBA in NYC
Our Government Client in NYC is looking for the an Oracle RDB DBA with experience on OpenVMS platforms:
SCOPE OF SERVICES
In the capacity of DBA, the selected consultant will provide proper and sufficient skills to ensure expert and timely database administration. Specific duties include:
* Manage the database for various applications including the in-house developed Inmate Phone, Inmate Property, and Inmate Financial and Commissary applications.
* Design, re-design, and implementation of database enhancements.
* Perform database monitoring and performance tuning.
* Analyze and make appropriate modifications related to database storage areas, indexes, record placements, transaction paths, record access strategies, database internal record fragmentations, database external file fragmentations, physical database area internal usage and free space, fill factors, storage segment and page statistical distributions checks.
* Develop new documentation; review and update existing documentation.
MANDATORY SKILLS/EXPERIENCE Note: candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered.
* Recent, in-depth, hands-on, related experience as an RDB DBA.
* Hands-on experience on OpenVMS / Alpha platforms.
* Hands-on knowledge and experience with DECTP products, which also includes ACMS (Application Control Management System), the TP monitor.
* Hands-on experience defining database physical design and sizing for needs such as database re-organizations, sizing, capacity measurements, planning, and tuning.
* Experienced with SQL/SQLMOD.
* Experienced in tuning the physical database structures, O/S, and application query tuning and optimizations.
* Experienced with design and programming the database operational, backup, journaling restore and archiving procedures in a system that requires and relies upon a lot of cross database data integrity and constraint factors.
* Hands-on experience with analyzing database dumps reverse engineering to reconstruct the data in severe situations of database corruptions.
* Must have 8+ years of experience in areas listed above.
* Very Desirable: DBA experience with DB2 / Linux
* Application Control Management system (ACMS).
* OpenVMS clusters.
* Digital Command Language (DCL).
* CPU-independent SAN technology.
* OpenVMS capacity planning, performance management and system utility tools.
* ETL / Datawarehouse
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width