Convert rollback segments to undo tablespace
Are there any gotchas I need to be aware of when converting a database using rollback segments into using undo tablespace in Oracle 9i?
I think the steps to be followed are: Am I missing anything?
1. Find all rollback segments
select segment_name, tablespace_name from dba_rollback_segs;
2. Drop all except for system
alter rollback segment offline;
drop rollback segment ;
3. Drop rollback tablespace
alter tablespace RBS offline;
drop tablespace RBS;
4. Create the new undo tablespace
create undo tablespace APPS_UNDOTS1 datafile '' size reuse extent management local ;
5. Add undo_management = AUTO and undo_tablespace = APPS_UNDOTS1 to init.ora and comment out the rollback_segs parm
6. Bounce the database and take a backup
Move steps 1, 2 and 3 after step 6. It should be 4,5,6,1,2,3.
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Thanks, I will give it a shot.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width