DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Advanced Replication and Migration

Advanced Replication and Migration

Hi

I am currently migrating quite a few Databases, from Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Sun Solaris to Oracle 9.2.0.6 HP-UX Itanium so migration is being done with EXP/IMP.

Two of the instances have advanced replication set up between them after EXPORT and IMPORT I realized that the Master Groups and Materialized View Groups are not created. How so?

I searched from Metalink to Oracle Doco and none talks a bout Replication migration from 8i to 9i so I assume that there arent anything special which need some special care. Has anyone got experience with such migrations?

Cheers

We faced the same problem when we migrated from Oracle8i 8.1.7 to Oracle9i 9.2.0.1 using export import. Don't know why it happened? But since we were migrationing across machines having same OS i.e. AIX 4.3.3 we used the manual migration approach of using ftp for copying the datafiles and then recreating the control files and running the upgrade scripts.

I still don't remember why we didn't raise a TAR for it.
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

Ah yes I remember, we were testing various migration approaches like export/import, manual migration, dbua out of which exp/imp did not import the advanced relication part so we went with the manual migration.
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

The problem was that the Replication Data wasnt imported. i.e System must be imported TWICE (if catrep was run before import)