DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EM backup jobs not showing up in query

EM backup jobs not showing up in query

I'm trying to query oracle to see the status of my backup jobs that where created through the 10g EM.

I've used
    select * from DBA_JOBS
    select * from user_jobs

but nothing is showing up.

Jeff Hunter

Yea, all over again.

I wouldn't recommend depending on OEM to run your backups. If for some reason, OEM isn't running, you're backup's don't run either. And if you have a situation where archive logs need to be flushed out .. you could end up with a real mess.

I'd suggest an "at" job (windows) or cron job (linux/unix).

Question

Ken your confusing me on this one. Wouldn't a job setup through EM be the same as setting it up manually? My question still stands as to why can't I query my jobs that have been created through EM.

What this stems from is I need to create a nightly backup of my entire db that deletes obsolete files and backups that are no longer needed.

thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by marist89
    I didn't even notice this was an http link. I'll look at it right now

thanks

Back from the other thread. Seems as if they are using rman and I don't want to jump into that one. As far as EM is concerned clicking on the job link shows that my job is scheduled to run tomorrow and it shows that it successfully ran today. How do I query that?

Hi.

Check out the DB_SCHEDULER_% views. The new scheduler in 10g uses these views, not the DBA_JOBS view.

Cheers

Tim...
    Tim...
    OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
    OCA PL/SQL Developer
    Oracle ACE Director
    My website: oracle-base.com
    My blog: oracle-base.com/blog

Sorry for the confusion, and you're absolutely right. I really don't understand the OEM/Oracle Job schedulers very well. I'll lay low on the next Oracle job scheduling issue.

I'd rather use cron. It's a much more stable job scheduler.

Each to their own

You really should try the new scheduler. It's got some really nice features, and th link into Resource Manager is fantastic. No more problems with batch loads hogging all the resources during busy OLTP times. Here's a quick overview of the basic job processing:

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/...heduler10g.php

Of course, some amazingly hansome and intelligent guy has written a book on scheduling

Cheers

Tim...
    Tim...
    OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
    OCA PL/SQL Developer
    Oracle ACE Director
    My website: oracle-base.com
    My blog: oracle-base.com/blog

Quote Originally Posted by TimHall
    Hi.

Check out the DB_SCHEDULER_% views. The new scheduler in 10g uses these views, not the DBA_JOBS view.

Cheers

Tim...
    Tim - I've queried that and looked at all the dbms_scheduler views but it does not show up. The only thing I'm seeing in DBA_SCHEDULER_JOBS is a job name PURGE_LOG and one thats called GATHER_STATS_JOB. I do have a job scheduled to run at 11am each day and it shows up in EM but I cannot for the life of me find it using any of the DBA_SCHEDULER% views.