DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OEM Help

I have an OEM console running on an NT box with an 8i database running on the same machine. I also have an 8i database running on a Linux box. I have the IA running on the Linux box and when I discover the node from the console everything is listed (database and listener). I clicked on the "update TNS Names Entries" on the console after discovering the node. However, I cannot connect to the database on the Linux Box. (ORA-12545 - Connection failed, target host/object does not exist). I can discover and connect to the 8i database on the NT machine. Any suggestions.

What is the OEM version that you are running. Did you try updating your tnsnames.ora file manually and proceeding.

BTW, when you discover the node, and choose the finish option, then you are set to work on the database. When do you need to update the tnsnames.ora file? I'm using 2.1.0 and haven't come accross such scenario.

Sam

[Edited by sambavan on 12-06-2000 at 06:12 PM]

You can try with manual configuration within the console.

Sorry...running OEM 2.0.4.0.0. I read the part about updating the part about updating the TNSNAMES.ORA stuff in Oracle note 73362.1 (part 3) in Metalink. When I discover the node, I do not see a "finish" option. I click on the discover nodes tab, enter the ip address and click ok. The listener and the db from the node are listed in the navigator window.

Now what happens when you try to connect to the database?Are you getting the TNS error? Did you update the tnsnames.ora file? If not, update your tnsnames.ora file manually and try connecting to it again. What are you when you connect to the database. Did you give the service name and connect as options correctly?

Sam