DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ora-0139

ora-0139

hi, i have a problem with this oracle error code. after much searching, i realised that i need to set this "sqlnet.authentication_services=(NTS)" in my sqlnet.ora. Before, i came to this , it was commented out. My services are run by local system account and hence its a user administrator.

My guess was that this parameter is used by oracle to authenticate between oracle level and the os. Hence, when this was commented, i had this error code.

Please advise.

if you use NTS then you are authenticated in the OS using windows native authentication

So the early situation is that this line was commented in my sqlnet.ora. But i am logged in as administrator , and this supposed to have all the rights. However, i got this particular error code. Listener service was started and everything was fine.

Only when i uncomment this line that it works.

Please advise.

well if you have sqlnet.authentication_services=(NTS) commented out then you are not using OS authentification so even you use administrator account to login you can get connection error

and by the way what on earth is that error code, it doesnt exists, at least not in 9i