DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OCP 8i finally...

I passed 1Z0-026 this morning, it was supposed to be the easiest so I only studied for 3 weeks instead of the usual 8 to 12 weeks. It was more difficult that I anticipated but I did pass.

It has taken me about a year to complete 8i OCP (including time off for good behavior). OCPWANNABE, you are the man!

I guess I should take the 9i upgrade test next but I was thinking about working on my certification in Solaris or going the Oracle Developer route. Any comments or advice on what I should do next is appreciated.

Things change. When I first started this certification I thought I would be able to get a job as a DBA, now I am barely hanging on to my job in support.

This forum is well run, and I have been recommending it to other Oracle wannabes.

later...

Congratulations... as for what next? I say take some time off and relax. Enjoy not having to worry about the next exam... although, be warned... the longer your out of "study" mode, the harder it is to get back into it... took me 9 months after completing 8i before I got back into the mode of studying again.

Cheers,
    OCP 8i, 9i DBA
    Brisbane Australia

Congrats...keep it up!
    Edward Haskins, OCP
    OraKnowledge, Inc.
    www.oraknowledge.com

--"Live" Instructor-led Online Training for Oracle9i, Java and XML--

Originally posted by bharris
    I passed 1Z0-026 this morning, it was supposed to be the easiest so I only studied for 3 weeks instead of the usual 8 to 12 weeks. It was more difficult that I anticipated but I did pass.
    Congratlations! What did you find difficult? The fill-in-the-blanks? The MTS questions?
    Oracle Certified Master
    Oracle Certified Professional 6i,8i,9i,10g,11g,12c
    email: ocp_9i@yahoo.com

Well Done and Congratulations!!
    PS:
    I first chalked out a plan to complete the track in a few weeks but I guess I wanted to enjoy the learning process as well.
    Excluding the one month vacation/(where i did wonders(my words) to my house), I 'll be finally be able to complete it by end Aug. That's 3 1/2 months. But it doesn't really matter how long it takes. If you don't work and have no family/kid(s)
    than it's achievable in shorter time than that. But like i said ,does it really matter! I don't think so.

All the best with your hunt for a real dba job!!!

Cheers!
    Tarry
    Tarry Singh
    I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
    TarryBlogging
    --- Everything was meant to be---

[/B][/QUOTE]

Congratlations! What did you find difficult? The fill-in-the-blanks? The MTS questions?
    [/B][/QUOTE]There weren't any fill-in-the-blank questions. I actually did well on the MTS questions. For some reason "Connection Manager" gave me problems. Reconcilling all the different .ini files and their sections was confusing. Part of the problem is practical experience, I should have put more time into setting up a regional server etc. In my current job, my Net8 experience consists of setting up Local Naming. Oracle Names also gave me some problems.

It is an easy test but it shouldn't be taken for granted.

[Edited by bharris on 08-06-2002 at 01:33 PM]

Originally posted by grjohnson
    Congratulations... as for what next? I say take some time off and relax. Enjoy not having to worry about the next exam... although, be warned... the longer your out of "study" mode, the harder it is to get back into it... took me 9 months after completing 8i before I got back into the mode of studying again.

Cheers,
    No Kidding, almost 3 years later and now i'm just starting to study for my 9i upgrade.
    arg.

LOL
    Tarry Singh
    I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
    TarryBlogging
    --- Everything was meant to be---

Originally posted by bharris
    No Kidding, almost 3 years later and now i'm just starting to study for my 9i upgrade.
    arg.
    Ok, I passed the 9i upgrade exam. I was lucky, my employer gave me two weeks off from work to cram for the test (I had already been studying off and on for a while), I needed 37 and got 44. I'm just happy to get it out of the way. For anybody that cares, I used www.selftestsoftware.com and the ILTS. I also used the book by Daniel Benjamin, "OCP Oracle9i Database: New Features for Administrators Exam Guide". I am taking the 10G course in a few weeks and hope to get that certification out of the way before the end of summer. I'm not waiting this time.

One more thing, i was reading through my earlier post (quite a while ago) and mentioned that I was barely hanging on to my job. Since then, they have put "DBA" in my job title and I have flourished since then (more $$ etc.). Some people on the board have stated that getting the certification hasn't made a difference. It has for me, and no I didn't originally get hired as a DBA but the position has grown around me because of my experience and the knowledge obtained through the certification process.
    Last edited by bharris; 05-31-2005 at 03:48 PM.

Unhappy I just Fail my OCP 1z0-033 pef. tuning

hi, guy

i just fail my exam in performance tunning
    i dunno why i fail, but the question highlight(Wrong)

i think is correct !

Have some body have any crew for perf. tunning (1z0-033)
    to pass this exam
    ( i got 36 score / 59 score)
    but the passing mark is 38 !!

from bk