DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fairly Urgent - Speedy Response if possible

Question

I checked my alert log today and I had ORA-0600 errors that said there was a problem in a trace file, I looked at the trace file, it was 5 Mb in size and at the end of the file there was entries that said Trace file full. The database itself opens properly and there are no datafiles corrupt or that need recovery.
    Also at the end of the alert log ir shows that the SNP1 process was restarted after dying (the trace file references this process).

Has anyone had this problem and how should I go about solving it, can I rename the trace file and go on like that or is there possibly something deeper and darker i should look into.

Thanks for any info you can provide to me

Don't be afraid to try something new. Amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic

ORA-600 messages should be reported to Oracle Support. It usually means that you have encountered a bug and they will have a patch for it.
    Jeff Hunter

Thanks

I will do that tomorrow
    Don't be afraid to try something new. Amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic

You probably need to increase your dump file size in the init.ora file to allow for a larger trace dump for support. Right now it sounds like it's set to the default. Bump it up to 15MB or so.

Joe
    (877)687-3227

Thanks for the input Joe, I will have a look at the init file tomorrow