DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Conn drivers!!

Conn drivers!!

This is the second time I have had the misfortune of driving through this miserable state. They have the worst drivers on the planet, an entirely different rhythm then any other state I have driven in and there have been many.

Jeff, what the hell is up over there, that Merrick pkwy is a killer.

Go go go go go STOP go go go STOP!!
    I remember when this place was cool.

It's one or two Jersey drivers that usually F*$K thinks up for the rest of us
    Jeff Hunter

Not likely.

Seriously, any place I ghave ever driven has a normal rhythm on the road, a natural ebb and flow. Conn is totally different, you are crusing along at 50MPH and then traffic just stops, normally traffic would put along at a steady speed but not there.
    I remember when this place was cool.

I know, it's horrible. The infrastructure in this state is absolutely inadequate. Since this place is so unaffordable, people drive 70 miles each way and they clog the roads.

The trains are great, but only if you are going to New York. It takes as longer to get from Wilton to Greenwich than Wilton to NYC. When you can take the train, it takes you four years to get a parking permit to park at the train station. Our hard earned tax dollars at work.
    Jeff Hunter

Had to smile at the title "Conn drivers!!"

In French, "con" is an obscene word that is also used to mean "stupid".
    "The power of instruction is seldom of much efficacy except in those happy dispositions where it is almost superfluous" - Gibbon, quoted by R.P.Feynman

Originally posted by marist89
    I know, it's horrible. The infrastructure in this state is absolutely inadequate. Since this place is so unaffordable, people drive 70 miles each way and they clog the roads.

The trains are great, but only if you are going to New York. It takes as longer to get from Wilton to Greenwich than Wilton to NYC. When you can take the train, it takes you four years to get a parking permit to park at the train station. Our hard earned tax dollars at work.
    Think yourself lucky you don't live in the UK, the roads are just as clogged but the trains are also cr*p :(
    Jim
    Oracle Certified Professional
    "Build your reputation by helping other people build theirs."

"Sarcasm may be the lowest form of wit but its still funny"

Click HERE to vist my website!

Originally posted by jovery
    Think yourself lucky you don't live in the UK, the roads are just as clogged but the trains are also cr*p :(
    Come to India, specially Delhi... No lane driving, anyone can jump in from any where, narrow roads, big pot holes, water logging during monsoons, traffic signals out of order most of the time, blarring horn. Four lanes of car in two lane roads. And best part is due to lots and lots of flyover (more than 30 i suppose)construction going on, situation is worse now.

If you can drive here, you can drive anywhere in the world.

Hopefully Metro will save the day once its complete.
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

Originally posted by adewri
    Come to India, specially Delhi... No lane driving, anyone can jump in from any where, narrow roads, big pot holes, water logging during monsoons, traffic signals out of order most of the time, blarring horn. Four lanes of car in two lane roads. And best part is due to lots and lots of flyover (more than 30 i suppose)construction going on, situation is worse now.
    Sounds like London
    Jim
    Oracle Certified Professional
    "Build your reputation by helping other people build theirs."

"Sarcasm may be the lowest form of wit but its still funny"

Click HERE to vist my website!

Originally posted by Mr.Hanky
    Not likely.

Seriously, any place I ghave ever driven has a normal rhythm on the road, a natural ebb and flow. Conn is totally different, you are crusing along at 50MPH and then traffic just stops, normally traffic would put along at a steady speed but not there.
    We have 7 tunnels and over a dozen bridges in the city of Pittsburgh. The fastest way to get anywhere in rush hour almost never involves a tunnel, if you can help it. The 31st bridge looks like if was shelled with a howitzer. The road is nearly impassable, and the sidewalk is impassable. I should know I rode my road bike accross it.

There is a road near where I live, called Beechwood Blvd, that intersect a road called Monitor, 3 times along a 3 blocks stretch, try to explain that. The person who laid out that street must have been an alchoholic. It is shaped like a lower case j written by a drunk.

Ah Spring, as the Orange PennDot barrels come into season!

Originally posted by adewri

If you can drive here, you can drive anywhere in the world.

Hopefully Metro will save the day once its complete.
    That's ok, we have lots of potholes, and the no look merge!