DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Installing Oracle RDBMS on HP UX 11.11

Installing Oracle RDBMS on HP UX 11.11

I have mounted the first CD on the CDROM drive with pfs_mount and installed the first part. It now asks for the second CD and I am not able to eject the CD and put the second CD or pfs_umount the first CD to put the second CD. for pfs_umount it says the cdrom drive is in use. ANy suggestion will be highly recomended.

Most likely your current directory is where the cd-rom is mounted. You need to cd to another directory. Also, use the fuser command (as root) to determine what processes have that directory open.

Yes that's true the current directory is where the CDROM is mounted and I am running the runInstaller from the CDROM directly. so fuser is giving the pid for the runInstaller. So now I cannot pfs_umount the CDROM or eject the cdrom to put the second CD. Also I am not able to ftp the 2nd CD to the server to provide the path for the 2nd CD. How can I ftp the directories in recursive ? The 2nd CD has bunch of directories and sub directories. Any suggestion ?

you should never ever launch the install from inside the cdrom directory as you cant then put the second cd in! It says that in the installation guide

You will have to quit it and start again without cd'ing to the cdrom directory first

OK is it possible for me to ftp the files over to the server for the second CD and mount it and provide the drive for the second install since I have already started the install from the cdrom ?

Originally posted by dbasupuser
    OK is it possible for me to ftp the files over to the server for the second CD and mount it and provide the drive for the second install since I have already started the install from the cdrom ?
    If you are using X-Windows on the server than you can just drag and drop them onto the server. This is a known issue with Unix. You may want to take a look at the before you install document on tahiti.oracle.com.

Originally posted by dbasupuser
    you could zip the contents of thecd up on another machine ftp then unzip

or just start again cos it will be quicker