DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dataguard - Switchover failure

Dataguard - Switchover failure

System Specs: W2k server, Oracle 9.2, Running High Availability mode

Everytime I try to do a dataguard switchover I get errors from the standby database. The primary switches over with no problem but after submitting the "alter database commit to switchover to primary with session shutdown" on the the current physical standby I get these errors:

alter database commit to switchover to primary with session shutdown
    ERROR at line 1:
    ORA-00344: unable to re-create online log 'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\CESCATI\REDO01.LOG'
    ORA-27040: skgfrcre: create error, unable to create file
    OSD-04002: unable to open file
    O/S-Error: (OS 3) The system cannot find the path specified.

E:\oracle\oradata\cescati\redo01.log is the correct path for redo logs on the current primary database. This is the path used in the db_file_name_convert.

eg. *.db_file_name_convert='e:\oracle\oradata\cescati','g:\oracle\oradata\cescati2\standby'

I thought maybe I should switch the path valuse around since the new primary will actually be the 2nd path value in this parameter

After switching the path values in the db_name_convert and log_file_name_convert parameters and I get these errors:

alter database commit to switchover to primary with session shutdown
    ERROR at line 1:
    ORA-01157: cannot identify/lock data file 1 - see DBWR trace file
    ORA-01110: data file 1: 'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\CESCATI\SYSTEM01.DBF'

Can anyone help me?

Hi,

you need to use this parameter in the init.ora file as well
    LOG_FILE_NAME_CONVERT => This converts primary database redo log filenames to standby database redo log filenames.

Ihave the log_file_name_convert parameter set in the same manner as the db_file_name_convert.

On the current primary these parameters should be set with the first path value of the current physical standby database right?

These parameter are used only when the database is converted over to physical standby correct?
    Last edited by Orako; 06-06-2005 at 07:48 AM.