San Diego, CA - Oracle DBA with SQL server -- local candidates please
San Diego position. Local Candidates only please!
Job Title: DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Direct Placement full-time position. East County, San Diego
Responsible for the administration and maintenance of all database servers, to include troubleshooting specific bugs and errors, supporting all development efforts, and providing on-call support during off hours and weekends. Designs, installs, monitors, maintain, and performance tunes production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability. Responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software. Some work with web applications, content delivery systems, and networking as requested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Works with application development staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
2. Creates models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones.
3. Installs and configures relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
4. Responds to and resolves database access and performance issues.
5. Monitors database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implements efficiency improvements.
6. Designs and implements redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
7. Develops, implements, and maintains change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
8. Conducts research and makes recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
9. Performs database transaction and security audits.
10. Establishes appropriate end-user database access control levels.
11. Supports up to 50 databases in a 24x7 fast-paced, dynamic production environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master's degree in computer science, MIS, information systems, or related area and 3 or more years of related experience OR the equivalent in education/experience.
3 or more years of technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring, monitoring, and supporting database servers in high availability production environments.3 or more years experience in supporting up to 50 databases in a 24x7 production environment. 3 or more years of hands-on experience in database administration, tuning, and troubleshooting.
2 or more years of experience in SQL server and Oracle production databases.
Additional experience with MYSQL and Sybase would be a plus.
2 or more years in scripting experience. Experience working with clusters and replicators.
Experience with monitoring (performance and capacity) backups (cold and hot), restores and recovery procedures.
Requires Windows 2000, IIS, Linux, and Unix knowledge. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
Strong technical documentation skills.
Ability to prioritize tasks, proactively identifies, problem areas, and communicates to stakeholders.
Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Strong service orientation.
Successful experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Experience working with Lawson and/or Siebel systems desired.
Any certifications would be a plus.
An Extensive Background Check will be required of all applicants due to the sensitive nature of this position
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width